My services always include:
- up to 3 prenatal meetings for basic childbirth preparation, reviewing your birth options and preferences, and discussing any questions or concerns you may have
- unlimited availability by phone, text, and email throughout our pregnancy, labor and the first two weeks after your baby is born
- constant labor support, guidance, and encouragement from the time you reach active labor through the first hour after the birth of your baby
taking the first step:
In order to make sure I am the best doula for you, you will want to first contact me to see if I am available around your due date and to ask any questions you may have. We can then schedule a time and place to meet virtually or in-person.
You can reach me at:
You will want to include your birth partner when we meet so you can ask all the questions you need to in order to make the best decision. If it doesn’t feel like a “good fit” please don’t hesitate to ask for referrals or some extra time to think about your decision.
Once you’ve made the decision to move forward with my services we will then set up the first prenatal meeting at your convenience!
- Mothers expecting their first baby, or moms preparing for a VBAC: $2,200
- Women who have had one previous vaginal birth: $1,800
- Mamas who have had two or more births: $1,200
- Teen Moms 18 years of age or younger: $800
- Elective scheduled cesarian or D & C: $600
Throughout your labor and birth:
I stay by your side, encouraging and assisting you every step of the way. This may include gentle coaching, verbal affirmation and encouragement, heat/ice packs, preparing a warm bath for you, relaxing music, guided imagery, prayer, massage, aromatherapy, counter pressure, and/or breathing techniques.
I help you get the information you need about the pros and cons of any medical interventions or various labor induction techniques so that you know all your options before any important decision is made.
I work with the attending caregivers as part of your support team and will suggest reasonable and natural alternatives to help labor progress if augmentation is recommended. These suggestions may include pressure point massage, various types of movement such as walking, squatting, lunging, rocking on a birthing ball, the use of a peanut ball or birth stool, or various position changes.
I work alongside your partner during the pushing stage, coaching, providing physical support, suggesting various positions, providing both cold and warm compresses, and guiding you in your breathing to help ease your baby’s birth.
I help your partner help you, and make sure their needs are also being met!
50% of the fee secures your spot on my calendar and is due at the signing of the contract at our first prenatal meeting. The second half is due two weeks before your due date. The deposit is non-refundable, no exceptions.
Many insurance companies are now seeing the cost benefits of covering doula services. Check with your insurance company to see if you can get reimbursement ➾